Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where am I?

In a previous post, I scoffed at people not being able to identify the US on a map. I was wrong, and I have serious doubts about our educational system now too.

We rent to a lot of college students, they never fail to tell me about it too. College is so hard. I have to study and I don't have time to pay my rent. Yesterday, I had to call a college girl about her delinquent rent again. I have to call her about every other month. Usually she has had a stressful week and forgot to send it. I then have to listen to how taking a test is soooo hard! I have little sympathy for her, she picks her own classes, if its so hard, she should try something else.

This month's excuse was a lot more fun than that. She explained to me that because her last test was soooo hard, her Mommy had "whisked her out of the country" for a vacation. She really said that "whisked out of the country". I politely asked where she went. She said they went "all the way to Puerto Rico". Yeah, I paused so long, she thought I hung up.

I asked her why didn't she mail it from Puerto Rico? She explained to me that being in a foreign country and all, she didn't trust the mail over there. I lost my no sarcasm promise right there. I said: "You realize that Puerto Rico is part of the United States right? and they have the same postal service we do. Things mailed from there take about 3 days to get here."

She said:" I'll just put my check in the mail today."

Yay for getting her to shut up! What is wrong with you people? Get a map college girl!

No comments: