Sunday, September 23, 2007

Menu? What menu?

George, the boys and I went to Just Fresh Bakery Cafe for lunch after church today. I know the place has been around since early this year, but we hadn't gotten there to eat until today. We ordered a nice assortment of soup, wraps, sandwiches and a pizza for Matt.

The place was cute, the menu was displayed in a number of prominent places. I like that, it makes it easier for the kids to decide what they want if they can see the menu right off. They didn't have any trouble picking out what they wanted.

As I was paying for our order, a young couple came in. The young woman walked right up to the cashier, almost pushing me out of the way and said: "Do you have any banana peppers?"
No, "excuse me", or "Hi" or any greeting at all. Just "do you have any banana peppers?" The cashier and I exchanged glances, as she replied: "yes we do."

The young woman then asked: "Can you make me a wrap?" The cashier looked confused, then pointed to the menu overhead where it was plainly marked wraps and sandwiches. "Sure, just pick out the one you want, and we can make it the way you want."

The young woman paused for a moment then said; "What if I want a sandwich?"

I thought the cashier was going to laugh in her face. Really, what is wrong with you people? Read the menu already, you just walked right past three of them.

No comments: