Saturday, September 15, 2007

That's my jacket!

George and I went to the ballet last night and saw the Magic Flute. I wore my new black slacks and my favorite jacket. Its aqua with shiny metal buttons and little pockets on the placket. I wear it a lot. We got there in enough time to go to the restrooms before the curtain went up. There is nothing to hurry you out of the ladies room like the smell of windsong and old lady farts.

We had really good seats in row G so we were pretty close to the stage. As we got settled in, I noticed the man sitting right in front of me had obviously had major ear surgery. I don't know what kind requires you to wear a soup bowl padded with cotton strapped to your head, but that's what he had on. It reminded of Princess Leia's hair.

I sat next to a man who fell asleep right off. He kept snorting, and wheezing a little so I thought of him as a wookie. He woke up when the fireworks went off.

I really enjoyed the show, it was a real bargain, three performances for one ticket. The ballet, the orchestra and the chorale from U of L. They were all really good. I just love Mozart even if according to Emperor Joseph II his music does have too many notes.

The costumes were gorgeous. I really liked the contrast between the sirens and the navigators. The blend of punk and baroque was great. I loved the velvet robe on Sarastro. I would love to wear stuff like that.

About a third of the way through the first act, as I was looking around Princess Leia, the character of Papageno made his entrance. The dancer was excellent and his costume was gorgeous. He wore red and orange pants and a really cool aqua colored jacket. I liked his jacket right off. It had shiny metal buttons and cute little pockets. He had the sleeves rolled up too. Then it hit me. That's my jacket! Papageno shops at Coldwater Creek!

No comments: