Thursday, September 13, 2007

Who is answering these polls?

From the recent South Carolina beauty pageant: "Recent polls have shown that 1/5th of Americans can't locate the US on a world map..." Who are they asking? Beauty pageant entrants? Pre-schoolers?

Matthew could identify the US in kindergarten, they even had to draw what the US looked like. So if they asked a pre-schooler I can see a negative response. But come on, who else are they asking?

I imagine the pollers are out at the mall stopping people with seeing eye dogs. "Excuse me sir, can you look at this map and tell me where the US is?" "What map? I can't see it, I'm blind."
"OK, that's a negative then."

Or they ask a bunch of drunks at a bar "How long ago was 9/11?" They expect a good answer from a bunch of drunks? Nobody could remember how long ago it was, but they all knew what Brad and Angelina named their kids.

Gary Roedemeier calls all the time and asks me to respond to polls. I always give him my opinion. He thinks my opinion is important. (this just fries George, I think its because someone else likes my opinions.) I try to give thoughtful and informed responses. Polls are important.

As for the rest of you, what is wrong with you people?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol. Maybe they only asked high school drop-outs.